Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Runner's world

Ben and I went to the gym last night. I started on the treadmill, but that lasted a whopping 5 minutes. I just truly can't do the treadmill. I switched to the elliptical, but decided I wasn't feeling into it, so I switched to the exercise bike. As I was going to get on the bike with a couple of Reader's Digests, Ben asked me if I wanted to go to the indoor track with him. Sounded good, so I did. I did 16 laps on the track, which equated a mile. I felt like I kept a good pace, but I didn't time myself. Actually, I sprinted lap 8 and got a drink, started running lap 9and realized I had to go to the bathroom, so I went and came back. I finished lap 9 and ran the rest of the 16, sprinting even faster on lap 16.

Next time I think I might time myself, assuming there is a next time. The outsides of my calves hurt. I think it was because I was trying not to over-pronate and as a result was running on the outside edge of my feet. My feet are ok today. I don't think it's something I can do on a regular basis, but it's become an occasional option.

We're going tonight and I think I might swim. I'm not sure, though. I might see if he will go to the other gym that has zumba on Tuesday nights.

Oh, I weighed myself, too. 153. I'm down a pound from three weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment