So, I didn't have internet at home and was trying to limit the amount of extraneous stuff I was doing at work, so I'm sorry I haven't posted recently.
First, I went to the gym on Monday. I was thinking about doing zumba, but once I got there, I realized that Monday zumba is taught by the person that I'm not crazy about. So, I ran on the elliptical and watched Golden Girls. I only did it for 1/2 hour, but I ran 2.5 miles. I peeked in after I was done on the elliptical and saw the zumba class and was glad that I skipped it. They were doing dumb stuff and the music was terrible again.
I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday. Well, I had two doctor appointments on Wednesday, but one of them was for girly stuff. Anyway, at the first doctor appointment they measured my height and weighed me. 5'3/4" and 154 respectively. That means that I've shrunk an inch since I was measured about 10 years ago. It also means that I am still below the weight I started at, but above the weight I was at when I had lost those 3 lbs. More exercise! I will try to do so tomorrow evening. There's a zumba class I haven't made it to that I want to try out. Triumph is this weekend, too, so that will help. I will update when stuff happens, now that I have internet again.
I suggest only weighing yourself once a week or so when you wake up, because your body can fluctuate in weight anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds daily depending on several factors like how much and what you ate/drank recently and how much you sleep. Weighing yourself only after working out doesn't give you a very accurate representation of weight loss, because a fair amount will be water weight. Weighing yourself once a week should give a better representation of weight loss by removing most of the scatter associated with a daily sample.
ReplyDeleteI also suggest cutting down on coke, coffee, or other caffeinated things because caffeine is a diuretic and can screw with your system and metabolism. Note that Sprite is caffeine free, although it does have a fair amount of sugar.
Luke
1. Well...my scale has kind of kaput-ed, so weighing myself too often really isn't an issue. :) The battery died and I'm debating about whether I am going to get a new battery for it or just buy a whole new scale. Neither one are options at the moment, as I have no money.
ReplyDelete2. I very, very, very rarely drink coke or any other carbonated beverage. You obviously don't know your sister very well. First, you buy me a real flower for my birthday and then you advise me to cut out soda from my already virtually soda-free diet. :p just kidding. Anyway, I do drink coffee on occasion. Not as infrequently as soda, but not daily by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't even say I drink coffee weekly...Maybe once or twice a month, if that. Really, the only time I get it is when I have to be up early and drive a long time so that I can keep myself awake (i.e. for a 8:30/9:30 meeting in Columbus).
But, thank you for your suggestions! :)