Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yay! New undies!

I have officially met my goal for the week. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (2.12 miles, 225 calories burned) and 30 minutes swimming (900 yards freestyle, breaststroke and sidestroke).

I know it's been a while since I ranted about the lifeguards at the gym, but that doesn't mean that they are better. It just means I got tired of repeating myself on how bad they were. I think it's time for a recap. They suck. They do not watch you diligently, they turn their backs to you, they swing their rescue tube around and clean up the deck while you're swimming in the water.

I actually thought about applying for a job with one of their locations as the aquatic coordinator. They said I could basically make my own schedule, but I also got the feeling it needed to be regular, as in I decide that swim lessons are Monday and Wednesday mornings and Tuesday and Thursday evenings and I need to be there to coordinate those. I just can't do that regular of a schedule. I really need something that has extremely flexible hours because they throw stuff at me all the time that I can't foresee, such as train-the-trainers, meetings and ERS reliability. They usually give me decent notice beforehand, but how am I going to have a regular schedule at another job when I'm constantly being unavailable? Anyway, the reason I wanted to be the aquatic coordinator was because I wanted to be able to improve the quality of their lifeguards. It is seriously lacking and I, for one, would never, ever take my (hypothetical) children there and entrust their aquatic safety to the guards. Period.

p.s. I wanted to end it strongly, but I forgot to add this. I weighed myself. 156. Again, no loss and no gain. I'm starting to want to see the scale go down rather than being satisfied that it's not going up. But, it may be that I'm weighing myself too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment