Thursday, April 8, 2010

No Hip Hop? No Problem!

I decided to go to the gym today and knew there was a hip-hop class at 6:10. Yes, the crappy hip hop class. I decided to suck it up and go anyway. I got there at 6:10, weighed myself (161...it's frustrating that I can't lose any weight) and filled my water bottle. I peeked into the room and a spin/step/sculpt class was in there. I figured it was from an earlier class that hadn't left yet. So, I decided to hop on an elliptical and do a little bit on there and check back around 6:30. So, I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and checked again. Same spin/step/sculpt class, which makes me think that either the hip hop class was at a different time than on the schedule or just wasn't happening anymore. But, I didn't really like it when I took it last time, so all's well that ends well. I went and did 40 minutes on the exercise bike. The one I chose had a seat that was MUCH more comfortable than the others. It was a *little* lumpy, but pretty good for the most part. I think if I were taller it would be better, but even at the closest seat setting, I had to lean forward a bit to reach the pedals.

Then, I went and did 25 minutes on the weight machines. I did 1 set of 15 reps, 2 sets of 10 reps, and 1 set of 5 reps at 45lbs on the tricep machine. I did 3 sets of 15 reps at 65lbs and 3 sets of 10 reps at 85lbs on the abs machine. I did 1 set of 10 reps at 25lbs, 1 set of 10 reps and 1 set of 5 reps at 20lbs on the bicep machine. I did 3 sets of 10 reps at 45lbs on the deltoid machine.

I didn't do the 20 minutes last night (I was pooped after my training), but made up for it today. I am going to do 5 minutes of more abs tonight...even though I increased the weight on the abs machine, I still didn't feel like I was lifting very much on that machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment