Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Well, it would be unfair not to talk about why I titled it the way I did right out of the gate. So, Ben and I went to the gym last night. I weighed myself when I got there. 160 again. SERIOUSLY?? SERIOUSLY??? Four pounds difference from Sunday. FOUR. I find it very hard to believe that I gained four pounds in twenty-four hours. I know weight fluctuates, but four pounds? Gah. I feel very, very discouraged.

1. I have virtually eliminated candy and cookies from my diet since February (candy since mid-February, cookies since April 1). No change in weight.
2. I don't drink soda hardly at all. I just don't like it. So, it's not like I can cut out soda from my diet-I already drink OJ and apple juice and milk and grape juice. No change in weight.
3. I have been doing pretty well about exercising at least twice a week since January, if not more. No change in weight.
4. I snack on fruit or tortilla chips or pretzels. No change in weight.

The only thing I can think of that might make any difference is my portion size. I have been trying to work on that, but it's not easy. The problem is, I don't want to go on a diet I'm not going to be able to stick to. That's why I've been eliminating things that I know I shouldn't eat. I am averse to trying a quote/unquote DIET that will have me lose weight quickly only to have me gain it back when I stop following the plan. I can't count carbs for the rest of my life. I can't eat salad for the rest of my life. I can't do weight watchers for the rest of my life. Anything I do, I want to be able to continue doing after I've lost the weight I want to lose, because it's healthy. I want to do a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix. I just want to see results. Something, anything.

Anyway, I'm done whining about it for now. I went to zumba for a half hour, ran on the elliptical for 10 minutes (got there 10 minutes early for zumba) and did weights for 10 minutes. 45 lbs on deltoids, 4 reps of 10; 15 lbs on biceps, 2 reps of 10 (was finishing my set from Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment