Ben and I went to the gym today. In hindsight, it wasn't the best idea. I passed on Triumph this weekend because I felt like crap and have been having more than one kind of digestive problems. I thought I felt ok enough to go to the gym. First of all, the muscle cramp in my leg (from Wednesday) has not fully relaxed, even though Ben has graciously rubbed it twice for me. As a result, I was not able to go much more than a quick walking pace on the elliptical machine. I was on it for 20 minutes and then went to the weights.
That's where problem #2 happened. I did 4 reps of 10 on the deltoid machine (45 lbs), 4 reps of 10 on the tricep machine (45 lbs), 4 reps of 10 on the ab machine (125 lbs) and 2 reps of 10 on the bicep machine (15 lbs). You're probably wondering why I only did 2 reps on the bicep machine. That's because I almost passed out. It hit me all of a sudden and I could barely see anything with the spots in front of my eyes and barely hear anything. I was in a complete fog and I bet I made some people mad as I sat on the bicep machine trying to keep myself from fainting completely. I had been drinking Ben's water and took a couple more drinks, which seemed to help a little. I knew I had to elevate my legs if I wanted it to stop. I told Ben we needed to go and I high-tailed it out to the car, praying I wouldn't pass out on the way. As soon as I got in the car, I elevated my legs and things got much better. I took a shower when I got home and almost passed out again. No fun.
On the bright side, I started exercising again after a week of neglecting it and Ben and I have scheduled four days of gym time this upcoming week, because he's back in Dayton, at least temporarily for now. His job has let him work from home on a trial basis. I think he'll show them it's ok and he can be just as successful here as in Indy and it will be enough to convince them to make it more permanent. On another bright side, I weighed myself before working out. 156. I don't know how much of that is related to my on-again, off-again sickness for the last week, but I'll take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment