Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Free on demand

I discovered free on demand fitness videos through the cable company today. Wow! I want for nothing!

I started out with some belly dancing basics. I've never had any formal belly dancing classes, but I think I can fake through it pretty well. The videos were moves I've always done naturally, with a few foot flicks and hand twirls. 22 minutes right there! I decided after I didn't make my exercise goal last week that I should probably increase my exercise time to 45 minutes instead of 30. I can handle an extra 15 minutes. So, with the belly dancing videos, I was 23 minutes shy. I found a yoga video for 22 minutes and decided that was close enough. I've been interested in trying yoga, but not exactly comfortable going to a public class since I know less than nothing about it. I figured trying it at home by myself was the best alternative. Well, it was then that the cable decided to throw a tantrum and play 10 seconds and freeze. I was finally able to get through 8 minutes of it. I'm going to try again here in a few minutes, but if that is all I can do today, I'm ok with that. I'll pick it up somewhere else. ****UPDATE**** I was able to get through the rest of the video. I'm now at 90 minutes of exercise for the week.

Subbing for volleyball again tomorrow. Let's hope Mr. Grumpypants gets up on the right side of the bed. Might not be able to weigh myself until Thursday. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is completely as a result of the yoga yesterday, but I feel much more limber today and decompressed. Holy! I should have done yoga forever ago.

    ReplyDelete