Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mus-kles

I lifted weights today. Ben and I had a date to work out; it was his idea!

My feet were still hurting from yesterday, so I figured weights would be the best course of action, especially since the fitness center here doesn't have any upper-body cardio machines. What is up with that??? I did 3 sets of 10 reps on each machine. On the deltoid machine I did 20 lbs, on triceps I did 35 lbs, on the hip extenders (both in and out...possibly my second favorite machines after the leg press) 60 lbs, on the biceps 20 lbs and on the pectoral machine 35 lbs. Not too shabby.

Oh, and I also weighed myself: 167.5, which is 2.5 lbs down from the last time I weighed myself. I'm not going to get too excited because I know my weight fluctuates A LOT, so I'm going to wait until I see a downward trend to get excited. But, I'm going in the right direction!

I got some chicken salad again today for lunch. I recoginze this is probably not the best food option with the mayo, but I laid in bed last night coming up with chicken salad recipe options that would make it a little healthier. I think I may have found a viable option in Ben's favorite salad dressing (for the piles and piles of salad that he eats...lol)--creamy garlic from La Rosa's. I'd probably put some green olives, black olives, celery, sliced baby carrots and diced cucumbers in it. It already sounds good and I've never eaten it!

1 comment:

  1. I am at 2 hours of exercise this week. Yay! Starting to get sore all over. That's what happens when I fall out of practice. :p

    ReplyDelete