Thursday, May 28, 2009

Something frustrating, something two, something exciting, something shoe!

Something frustrating:

This morning, I was determined to go to zumba today. I grabbed my shorts/tshirt when I left the house, as well as a pair of socks and my tennis shoes, to make sure I had them with me. When I got to the office, I happened to look at the schedule I had written on my wall of when/where zumba is. Dagnabit, I had done it again! I thought zumba was Thursday rather than Tuesday, when it really is. I also had a list of when volleyball was, and there was a volleyball time on Thursdays. So, I decided to go to volleyball instead. That meant that I had to get my kneepads from home, but I was ok with that.

Something two:
Apparently, I had written the time wrong on my list and got there an hour before volleyball was supposedly starting. (I'll explain that later.) So, I did the stationary bike for about 35 minutes and read the newspaper for a few minutes until 7 when it was supposed to start. I went into the gym and there were some middle school kids in there stretching. I talked to their coach and found out that people hadn't been showing up to the volleyball time, so the gym had said that they could use the time for their practice. She said that she could use an extra hand with their practice, so I stayed and helped her out. I also did something the drills she was having the kids do, which kicked my butt. At the end of the practice, one of the staff came in and was talking to the coach. She asked the coach about me and then told me that they really didn't have volleyball on their gym schedule. I said that I had seen it on their schedule from the website. She was positive that it wasn't on the schedule, so I went out to the car and found the printed schedule I had and showed her what it said. She told me the thing I had seen was for a league that was starting at the end of June. Whatever. All in all, I exercised two hours today. So, that's the two.

Something exciting:

I weighed myself today and I am 1.5 lb less than I have been recently. I know weight fluctuates, but I'll take it!

Something shoe:

This is really funny. The last time I was at the gym I went to today was the 7th of this month when I went swimming. I got there today still wearing my work clothes and had to change into my shorts/shirt. I opened locker #12 (which I always try to use, because it's my favorite number) and someone's shoes were in there. I started to close the door and then realized they were MY shoes!! They had been there since the last time I was there, which was THREE WEEKS AGO!!! Three weeks my shoes have been there, and no one took them! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment