Tuesday, September 1, 2009

running, biking and headbanging--the new triathalon

I went to the gym today alone while Ben went to "boot camp" with friends of ours. "Boot camp" is not my cup of tea, by any stretch of the imagination, so I didn't go with him because I knew I would get talked into going. I ran on the indoor track for 11 laps before my legs gave out on me. That's a little more than a half mile. Poop.

Then, I went down to the exercise bike which was a pain in the ass...literally. With my cyst on my tailbone, I was constantly readjusting my seated position. It was very uncomfortable. But, I did 4.6 miles on the exercise bike.

The dude next to me had his headphones in listening to what I can only imagine was some kind of System of A Down, Rage Against the Machine, Seether or Disturbed because he started headbanging along with it...complete with angsty-emo-hardcore-wannabe facial expressions. It was all I could do not to stare.



Or maybe he was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody. Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment