Well, the two days worth of hiking/camping ended up being mostly one. I had been on my feet for work Tuesday through Thursday and only had Friday to rest up, so I wasn't 100% for Triumph to begin with. I went on three threads on Saturday, which was a decent amount of walking. My feet were not happy with me. I sat the dungeons out hoping I would be useful with the overnight rest for Sunday.
Sunday morning about 7:30, I woke up to pain stabbing through my calf muscle on my right leg (the one that has the most problems of my feet). It lasted a few minutes and continued to be tight 2/3 of the day. So, in addition to having the nerve problem that was plaguing me already, I now had a calf muscle that couldn't take a lot of stress/stretch. I was limping everywhere and felt very badly that a) I wasn't getting the exercise I wanted and b) wasn't very much help to the NPC crew. I did go on one thread that didn't require a lot of walking, so I helped a little. Plus, I helped clean up Logistics and pack things into the cars. But, in a game that was short NPCs already, I didn't contribute much to the game.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, I did spend quite a bit of time on Friday setting up Logistics. That included lugging storage bins full of garb and gear through the mud from the car to the shelter. I think I MIGHT have made my 3 hours with that, but I'm not going to start cutting corners and "counting" different things I wasn't planning on being my exercise already.
Here's to next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment