I took the dog for another walk today, mostly the same route. I figured up the distance before I left and it was about 300 feet shy of 2 miles. So, rather than walking the edge of a park, I walked around it and came out the other side. That should put me at 2 miles. It was still 45 minutes. My foot is a little sore.
So, I guess you wondering what the title's all about. I was coming up to the house of a friend who lives about six blocks away and I saw a beautiful black pit bull mix up ahead, walking by itself. It turned a corner and when I got up to the corner it had turned, it was still there. It saw Mayhem and boy, did that make his day. I picked her up, not knowing how friendly he was, just in case. He would not sit still to save his life for me to check his collar. He did let me pet him, after I let him sniff me and extended my hand. But, he kept running around me to see Mayhem and try to sniff her. Even though he was plenty friendly with me, I still wasn't sure how he would treat Mayhem, so I kept holding her.
I finally was able to check his collar and found out there was only a rabies vacc tag, no ID. :( I told him to go home. He walked around me a couple more times, trying to play with Mayhem until he got the message I wasn't going to put her down. I said, "Go home" again and he trotted on off. I did see him on the sidewalk again once we had gotten a little further down. I thought he might run after us trying to play with Mayhem again, but he didn't. I hope his owners find him. He was very friendly and well-behaved as far as I could tell. And did I mention beautiful? I should have gotten a picture. Oh, well. Hindsight's 20/20.
No comments:
Post a Comment